Mike Brooks writes on the book of Job in this excellent study guide.
Title: In Search of Perfection
Subtitle: Studies from Job
Author: Michael E. Brooks
Release date: January 2007
Subject: Textual and thematic studies from the book of Job, using selected texts.
Scripture quotations: NASB
List price: $9.99 plus shipping and handling
- There Lived a Man (1:1-5)
- The Adversary (1:6, 7)
- Consider My Servant Job (1:8-12)
- The Patience of Job (1:20-22; 2:9, 10)
- Why Is Life Given? (3:1-5, 11-13, 20-26)
- Do the Innocent Perish? (4:7-9; 5:17, 18)
- Swift and Hopeless (7:1-10)
- Reeds Without Water (8:11-13)
- A Mortal Before God (9:1-4, 11-19)
- The Eyes of the Wicked (11:13-20)
- Worthless Physicians (13:1-12)
- If a Man Dies (14:14)
- Are You the First? (15:7-10)
- Is God My Adversary? (16:7-14)
- Crushed with Words (19:1-3)
- The Wicked Live On (21:7-15)
- Can a Man Help God? (22:2, 3)
- Finding God (23:3-7)
- Where is Wisdom Found? (28:1, 2, 12-15, 23, 28)
- That Would Have Been Iniquity (31:5-8, 13-15, 24-28)
- Where Were You? (33:12; 38.1-4)
- My Eyes Have Seen (42:1-6)
- The Lord Blessed (42:7-17)
Michael’s book makes an excellent class study for Bible school and other groups. Here’s how to order.
Brooks is Minister of Missions and Evangelism with the Highland Park Church of Christ in Muscle Shoals, Ala. He began preaching the gospel in 1967. Since 1988 Mike has been involved in foreign missions in South America, Africa, and South Asia. Beginning in 1999 he devoted himself full time to missions.
A graduate of David Lipscomb University (BA) and Harding University Graduate School of Religion (MAR), he and his wife Brenda (Campbell) have been married for 40 years, with three children and five grandchildren. They are both Decatur, Ala., natives. Brooks is Director of Khulna, Bangladesh, Bible College.