Title: In Search of Perfection
Subtitle: Studies from Job
Author: Michael E. Brooks
Release date: January 2007
Subject: Textual and thematic studies from Job, using selected texts.
Scripture quotations: NASB
- There Lived a Man (1:1-5)
- The Adversary (1:6, 7)
- Consider My Servant Job (1:8-12)
- The Patience of Job (1:20-22; 2:9, 10)
- Why Is Life Given? (3:1-5, 11-13, 20-26)
- Do the Innocent Perish? (4:7-9; 5:17, 18)
- Swift and Hopeless (7:1-10)
- Reeds Without Water (8:11-13)
- A Mortal Before God (9:1-4, 11-19)
- The Eyes of the Wicked (11:13-20)
- Worthless Physicians (13:1-12)
- If a Man Dies (14:14)
- Are You the First? (15:7-10)
- Is God My Adversary? (16:7-14)
- Crushed with Words (19:1-3)
- The Wicked Live On (21:7-15)
- Can a Man Help God? (22:2, 3)
- Finding God (23:3-7)
- Where is Wisdom Found? (28:1, 2, 12-15, 23, 28)
- That Would Have Been Iniquity (31:5-8, 13-15, 24-28)
- Where Were You? (33:12; 38.1-4)
- My Eyes Have Seen (42:1-6)
- The Lord Blessed (42:7-17)
It makes an excellent class study for Bible school and other groups.
Mike is Minister of Missions and Evangelism with Highland Park Church of Christ in Muscle Shoals AL. He began preaching the Gospel in 1967. Since 1988 Mike has been involved in foreign missions in South America, Africa, and South Asia. Beginning in 1999 he devoted full time to missions, primarily in Bangladesh and Nepal, where he spends six months a year.
Decatur, Alabama, natives, Mike and Brenda (Campbell) have been married for 40 years, with three children and five grandchildren. Mike is a graduate of David Lipscomb University (BA) and Harding University Graduate School of Religion (MAR).
As Director of Khulna, Bangladesh, Bible College, Mike divides his year between Asia and the U.S. He campaigns in Bangladesh and Nepal.